Monday, January 30, 2012

Girl Scouts Cookie Season!


The time for girl scouts cookie madness has arrived and, wouldn't you know it, there is not a girl scout anywhere in sight for me to buy cookies from! Since I do not know a girl scout or someone who knows a girl scout I felt discouraged, like I would go through the entire girl scouts cookie season without even one taste of their delicious cookies! Well, I was shopping at Target and came across a solution to this dilemma. . . Dreyer's Limited Edition Girl Scouts Thin Mint Cookie Ice Cream! My mouth watered, my heart sang . . . I think I even did a jete for joy in the aisle. . . I had to have this ice cream! And so, here it is, my first dessert review!

I was quite ecstatic about my luck in finding this wonderful treat, so my first taste was pure heaven. But after that I got down to business to seriously rate this frozen dairy dessert. Here are my thoughts:

- Subtle mint flavor is not overwhelming. It adds a cool (as in temperature) and refreshing taste.

- The ice cream itself (which is chocolate) is light and fluffy, almost comparable to soft serve, but not quite that soft. Definitely not dense, which is how I actually prefer ice cream to be.

- The thin mint cookie crumbles have a texture that is similar to a brownie. A soft, melt in your mouth kind of texture.

- The chocolate around the cookies, adds a slight initial crunch and leaves a rich chocolaty after taste. The chocolate gets stuck in your teeth, which I liked, because I got to enjoy the dessert for a minute longer after I scraped up my last spoonful. However, if you are not in the comfort of your own home and are with company, you may need to do a teeth check after partaking in this dessert.

Overall I give this ice cream an 8 out of 10! I thoroughly enjoyed it! The only thing I wish is that the ice cream itself was a little more dense.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment