Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Denny's Delights!

Alright, now I know that Denny's probably doesn't rank very high on anyone's go to dessert place, however, if you're looking for something to satisfy a craving, that emulates a fancy dessert, and won't break your budget, Denny's desserts are a perfect fix!

Brandon (my husband) and I were looking for a little late night treat and decided that Denny's was the answer. My husband is not a dessert fan so I was so surprised when he decided to forego getting his usual breakfast items and order a dessert along with me to help with my blog! Here are the items we chose: Hot Fudge Brownie A La Mode and Caramel Apple Crisp.



The best parts of the Hot Fudge Brownie were the fudge and the ice cream. They were both super rich, and the combination of the warm fudge and cool ice cream tickled my taste buds! The brownie itself was more cake like and not as dense as I had hoped it to be. It had more of a store bought and microwaved quality as opposed to a baked in house, right out of the oven taste. But, hey, for around three dollars I am not complaining! The brownie also had chopped nuts in it, but I actually barely remember that detail! They kind of got lost in the mix with all the other things going on in the dessert. I'd give this dessert a 5 out of 10.

The best parts of the Caramel Apple Crisp were the crispy topping, the ice cream and caramel sauce. I almost didn't even need the apples! The apples were a bit bland and not seasoned enough in my opinion. And there was an unbalanced proportion of apples to topping (too many apples, not enough topping). The "crisp" had a brown sugar and cinnamon taste and was so delicious mixed with the ice cream and caramel. It added a nice crunch to mix in with the smooth ice cream. I'd give this dessert a 6 out of 10.

Overall, I was satisfied with these desserts. They served their purpose of providing a sense of decadence without paying a high price. They weren't the best thing I have ever eaten, but definitely hit the spot for a comforting late night treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment