Wednesday, February 22, 2012

~Cake Batter Truffles~

It seems to me that February is the month with the most Birthdays. . . every week there are more and more people celebrating their Birthday! Maybe February really is the month with the highest birth rate. . . or maybe I am just naturally drawn to people who are either an Aquarius or Pisces and so have many friends with Birthdays in February!

So, to celebrate all of these birthdays, my husband's included, I made cake batter truffles! You can find the recipe here:

http://www.chef-in-training.com/2011/09/no-bake-cake-batter-truffles-take-2.html

Here's a picture of how mine turned out:


These little bites are super sweet! I could only eat one at the most in one sitting because they were so decadent. It actually took me a couple days to decide whether I liked them or not, because they were so sweet. I brought them over to my family's house and my family loved them. Especially my brother and uncle. They too could only eat one or two at a time, but even so the truffles disappeared pretty quick. Here is what I liked and didn't like about these cake batter truffles:

Liked:
- The almond bark coating with sprinkles (it gave a nice crunch when you bite into it than contrasts with the soft center)
- That I could only eat one. This took care of my normally very difficult self discipline issues with portion control!
- How fun they were to make and how simple they were to make!

Didn't like (at first):
- The idea of eating cake batter (even though there were no eggs). When making cake or cookies or brownies, I am okay with licking the spoon or taking a few little taste tests of the dough/batter, but to think of eating an entire 1 inch ball of batter threw me off at first. I got over that after eating the first one though :-) They won me over!
- That's actually the only thing I didn't like!

I would rate these sweet treats a 7 out of 10 - only because I wasn't crazy about them at first!

Let me know if you end up making them and what your thoughts are!

No comments:

Post a Comment