Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Harry Potter, Anyone?

This post is for all of the Harry Potter fans out there. . . The series may be over, but Harry, Hermione, and Ron will live forever in our hearts :-)

Last week my brother, sister, and I (all devout HP fans) made Butterbeer!!!! We actually made three different varieties of Butterbeer. You can find the recipes here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTn5SJLTnek

Don't worry, there isn't any actual beer in these beverages, so they're safe for the kiddos!

The first one we made was the original cold butterbeer.



This drink, made of cream soda and artificial butter flavor, was oddly satisfying. I thought the butter taste would throw me off, but it was a mild butter taste that was comforting . . . kind of like eating comfort food (and definitely not like drinking Polyjuice Potion!) However, difficulty in drinking this arose in getting through the dollop of creamy foam on top (which was delicious by the way - we were stealing spoonfuls from the bowl while we were making it)! I would give this drink 6 out of 10 chocolate frogs. Tasty, but not enough umph to get your Patronus working. . . Expecto Patronum!!! ;)

The next one we made was a frosted version of butterbeer.



This was my sister's favorite of the three. We made it in the blender and added some butterscotch to the cream soda. Again, it's tough getting through the foam, but once you get to the cool liquid it is so refreshing! This would be perfect on a summer's day when you are perfecting your Wingardium Leviosa charm. 7 out of 10 sugar quills for this one.

Last, but not least, was my favorite of the three: Hot butterbeer!



This was delicious! It just made me feel all of the wonders of a crisp Autumn day: siting on the couch, reading a book, watching leaves fall outside and enjoying the sweet taste of butterscotch and warm milk, topped with buttery goodness! You may be tempted to use the Crucio curse to get this beverage from someone. But as delectable as this hot butterbeer is, it's not worth landing yourself in Azkaban! I'd give this drink 8 out of 10 cauldron cakes.

So, are you tempted to concoct your own Butterbeer? Let me know how yours turns out!

I'll leave you with some Dumbledore wisdom:
"Ah Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans! I was unfortunate enough in my youth to come across a vomit-flavored one, and since then I'm afraid I've rather lost my liking for them-but I think I'll be safe with a nice toffee, don't you? Alas! Ear wax!"

Just kidding! Here's my favorite quote from Albus Dumbledore:
“It does not do to dwell on dreams, Harry, and forget to live.”

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment