Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dark Chocolate Almonds

After saying that Hershey's kisses are a great snack in my last post, I thought I would share another of my favorite dessert snacks aka 'snasserts'. This time we are on a better snack track with something a little bit healthier. . . I said a bit. . . :)
This week I am rating Trader Joe's Sea Salt and Turbinado Sugar Dark Chocolate Almonds! If you haven't tried these, you must. They are delightful! The sea salt balances so well with the dark chocolate and it makes for an addicting snack. And it isn't too bad of an addiction, because, like I said earlier, they are healthy (okay slightly healthy)! Really, though, from the dark chocolate you get antioxidants and from the almonds you get the benefits of fiber, protein, and monounsaturated fat, which may help lower LDL cholesterol. Not too shabby!
The outside coating of these almonds has a bit of a powdery cocoa taste. Once you bite into it you get the initial crunch of chocolate and almond, then the combination of coarse chocolate and sea salt, and finally the smooth chocolate finish combined with the hearty almonds. If you are out and about, you may need some floss with you as the almonds may get stuck in your teeth, but don't worry, this aspect never deters me from a craving for these bite sized treats!
Trader Joe's Sea Salt and Turbinado Sugar Dark Chocolate Almonds are a win-win because the taste is perfect for snacking - a combination of sweet and salty - and you don't feel guilty after eating them as you can think of all the healthy aspects of your overindulgence! I give these Dark Chocolate Almonds an 8 out of 10 as a snassert!

No comments:

Post a Comment