Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chocolate Bouquet

I have stated that I want to make this blog about desserts as well as my dance endeavors, but as of yet I have not posted anything about dance. . . well last night I found the perfect segue to begin talking about my dancing through dessert. . .

I am a Dance Instructor, as well as Director, for a company called Rhythm Motion (visit our website: www.RhythmMotion.net). I was teaching a hip hop dance class for special needs students and last night was our final class of the session. We prepared a little 15 minute performance for the students' family and friends to come see and we showed our warm up, one of our creative movement games, a dance routine, and then played freeze dance with everyone who came to watch the performance. It was so much fun and the students were wonderful! After the performance, one of the parents came up and presented me with a chocolate rose bouquet to show their appreciation of me teaching this class. I was so touched! And I couldn't believe they got me chocolate flowers instead of real flowers (I had never mentioned my obsession with desserts to them . . . I must have 'chocolate lover' written across my forehead or something)!!

Here's the bouquet:



And it is hand made! The mom who gave it to me made it herself with Hershey's kisses and a variety of other items such as fabric, cellophane, ribbon, etc. to put it together. Isn't it lovely? I really am so blown away by the gesture!

Now, however, I have to be honest and stay true to my rating of desserts. . . Hershey's kisses count as more of a snack to me, not a dessert. If I asked for dessert and someone handed me Hershey's kisses I would be very confused. That would be like expecting roast beef for dinner, but instead getting beef jerky. But, don't get me wrong, as a little pick me up treat during the day, those little kisses definitely do the trick. The other side of this rating is the presentation. This bouquet is beautifully done and you can tell a lot of time and effort went into it. So my overall rating is an 8 out of 10. The generosity and craftiness of the gift outweighs the taste of the chocolate :-)

Has anyone made these chocolate bouquets before or knows of a link to how to make them? If so feel free to post it in the comments section. These make a wonderful gift and I would love to be able to make chocolate bouquets to present as gifts to others in the future!

Until next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment