Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pinterest Treat

Pinterest has become quite a big thing and for a minute there I got pretty into it. When I first visited the site I was probably on it for a good hour just looking and admiring! I clicked that I wanted an invite to Pinterest, but was informed that I would be emailed with information for joining when space opened up. . . or something along those lines! Since then I haven't been going on Pinterest as much. When I am not able to be actively participating, but am just watching from the sidelines, I get a bit disinterested. Hopefully they send me an invite soon, because I would love to get to pinning!

While on Pinterest, I came across a dessert that I just had to try. It is a variation of one of my most favorite go-to desserts, a hot fudge brownie sundae. This creation was a combination of chocolate chip cookie dough, Oreo's and brownies. I was pretty sure that this was going to be the best thing ever! I made the Nestle Tollhouse recipe for chocolate cookies and spread that in the bottom of my glass pan, then layered Oreo's on top, and finally poured the brownie batter over it all. This sounds like it should be absolutely amazing, right? Well, my experience of this dessert was not as wonderful as I had hoped.



I knew this dessert had to be tasted in it's full glory, so I topped it with vanilla bean ice cream and chocolate and caramel syrup. It was tasty, and not 'bad' in any way, but I just felt that I could just stick with my regular brownie and be more than satisfied. In this Brownie Cookie Oreo Sundae, the cookie layer at the bottom was really thick. I decided that I would rather enjoy the Tollhouse cookies by themselves in their normal cookie state, because in their thick layer in this dessert I felt like it was too much cookie at one time. Then the Oreo's may as well have not even been in there, because I couldn't taste it really at all compared with everything else going on. The brownie on top was delicious though, and I really wished it was just a brownie the whole way through.

I give this dessert a 7 out of 10. . . Of course I ate the entire dessert, because it was tasty. It just wasn't as good as a traditional hot fudge brownie sundae. Sometimes the classics just don't need to be changed!

So when viewing Pinterest, remember, looks can be deceiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment